A Solid Foundation is a resource for parents hoping to establish the basics for a faith in Christ in their young, preschool-aged children. As a former Chapel leader for a private Christian school, I have a heart for children's ministry and for growing my children in God from the very beginning. Now, as a stay-at-home-mom, that has become my full-time job. Please start at the Introduction in my sidebar and use all of my material as you wish!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Introduction

Welcome to A Solid Foundation!

As a full-time stay-at-home mom to two kids ages 3 and 1, I really want to be intentional about providing my children with a firm understanding of faith before sending them off to school. My desire is to maximize the fleeting time I have with these two precious kids.

We are a very fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants family and love the adventure that comes with spontaneity. My intention is not at all to structure our days so much that we lose that major benefit of getting to stay at home. But a downside of these laid-back years is that we could easily go weeks without doing anything productive. We blink and a year goes by.

So the purpose of this blog is to give an overall theme to our week. I'll center each week around a Bible story or concept, give a list of activities, crafts, recipes, games, outings, service ideas, songs, and books, and I'll share a memory verse. The plans will include all types of learning (numbers, sequencing, colors, letters, shapes, etc.) that relate to the main theme. This plan is very open-ended. You can plan your day around a Bible lesson time incorporating all of the ideas listed. Or, like me, you can read the plan each week, pick a handful of activities to gather supplies for, and have them in your back pocket throughout the week to use as boredom busters.

My goals are to simply provide a list of activities that could be appropriate for kids ages 2 - 5 that can be used as literally or as loosely as you desire. I will also make sure that the activities use regular household items or things that are easily found at any local Walmart. My goal is to get each week's lesson plan up on the Wednesday morning prior to that week. That should give us all a chance to gather the needed supplies and materials. The lessons begin September 12th, and Week One's link and post will be available the morning of September 6th.

I hope that this blog becomes a resource for you and your family as you wade through these preschool waters of equipping young hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment