A Solid Foundation is a resource for parents hoping to establish the basics for a faith in Christ in their young, preschool-aged children. As a former Chapel leader for a private Christian school, I have a heart for children's ministry and for growing my children in God from the very beginning. Now, as a stay-at-home-mom, that has become my full-time job. Please start at the Introduction in my sidebar and use all of my material as you wish!

Monday, September 19, 2011

Art Supplies Every Mom-of-a-Preschooler Needs

I thought it would be a good idea to compile a list of common art supplies that I'll be using throughout the lessons and activities. As a former preschool teacher, these items have become commonplace in my home. Hopefully this will help you build your stash of supplies as well.

Washable Markers
Elmer's School Glue
Glue Sticks
Children's Scissors (for beginners, I LOVE these)
Hole Punch
Crayons
Colored Pencils
Washable Paints
Watercolors
Paintbrushes
Q-tips
Chalk
Smocks or old t-shirts
Vinyl Tablecloth
White Paper
Construction Paper
Butcher Paper
Clear Contact Paper
White Paper Plates
Coffee Filters
Pipe Cleaners
Tissue Paper
Fabric Scraps
String or Yarn
Multi-Colored Buttons
Toilet Paper and Paper Towel Tubes
Ribbon
Popsicle Sticks
Felt
Multi-Colored Pony Beads

I'm sure I'll be adding to this list. But, for the majority of the projects we do around here, this list is complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment