A Solid Foundation is a resource for parents hoping to establish the basics for a faith in Christ in their young, preschool-aged children. As a former Chapel leader for a private Christian school, I have a heart for children's ministry and for growing my children in God from the very beginning. Now, as a stay-at-home-mom, that has become my full-time job. Please start at the Introduction in my sidebar and use all of my material as you wish!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Something a Little Different...

In preparation for the Christmas season, I've really been praying about how to lead the discussion of Christ's birth. This is the first year that my daughter is old enough to understand the basics of the coming of the Messiah, and I've been struggling to do it justice.

God has really laid the Jesse Tree devotional on my heart this year. A good friend contacted me about creating the ornaments together and exchanging them. I spent the good part of October and November creating half of the ornaments, 2 copies each - one for her family, and one for mine. I mailed the package off Monday, and her package of the remaining ornaments for us should be arriving soon. I've sat countless times trying to come up with a curriculum for this season that would compliment the Jesse Tree devotionals that we will be doing as a family, but to no avail. I just think they are entirely complete on their own and need no supplement.

So, instead of finishing out this year with my traditional lesson plans, I want to encourage you to find a family devotional revolving around the birth of Christ. I'm going to be popping in from time-to-time with links to various activities and crafts and songs that I think will compliment the devotions. But I'd like for these to stand on their own.

If you're curious and looking for some ideas, there are some amazing (free!) resources available. Here are just a handful that I would highly recommend:




Please google something along the lines of "Christmas devotionals for the whole family" and you will find something that suits you and your household.

Be blessed this Christmas season. And remember to thank Him daily for each and every blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment