A Solid Foundation is a resource for parents hoping to establish the basics for a faith in Christ in their young, preschool-aged children. As a former Chapel leader for a private Christian school, I have a heart for children's ministry and for growing my children in God from the very beginning. Now, as a stay-at-home-mom, that has become my full-time job. Please start at the Introduction in my sidebar and use all of my material as you wish!

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Week Nine

I hope you and your family have a wonderful week of celebrating planned. This is a great time to re-group and re-focus. I hope this week serves as a deep breath before the holiday season kicks into full-gear. And I hope that it gives you the opportunity to sit back and remember the foundation of the next 6 weeks. Let's commit to focusing our energy and hearts on Him and take the stress out of this time of year. Wouldn't that be a great foundation to lay for our kids?

This week's lessons focus on the story of the first Thanksgiving. The lesson plans link to a great version of the story for young hearts. The activities are abbreviated this week as I'm sure your week is already full.

Supplies Needed:
colorful faux feathers
styrofoam balls
bubble wrap
red, yellow, brown, orange paint
white cardstock
green construction paper
waffle cones
white paper plates
crayons
colorful construction paper
ingredients for making your favorite Thanksgiving menu item from scratch

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Here's the permanent link to Week 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment